Explore Free ARM Cortex M architecture on Xilinx FPGA. Tutorial Video and Guide Are Available.
ARM DesignStart FPGA offers instant and free access to Cortex-M1 and Cortex-M3 soft CPU IP for use on FPGA designs. ARM Cortex-M1 processor is optimized for FPGA development while ARM Cortex-M3 features an exceptional 32-bit performance with low dynamic power. Engineers and developers can use the Xilinx Vivado Design Suite, and drag-and-drop the Cortex-M1 and Cortex-M3 soft IP on Xilinx Spartan S7 FPGA.
Now, you can get hands-on experience with creating, programming, debugging, and developing applications for Arm Cortex-M processors in Xilinx FPGAs by watching the tutorial video and following the guideline.
- Integrating ARM Microprocessors in an Arty S7 – Workshop Recording
- Integrating Arm Cortex-M Processors into Xilinx FPGAs Course Workbook by Adam Taylor
This tutorial includes 3 hands-on labs. By completing these labs, you can
- Explore the ARM Architecture in Xilinx Vivado
- Understand the flow to implement Arm Cortex-M processors in on Spartan 7
- Implement the SoC on Digilent Arty S7-50T Spartan S7 FPGA Board. Use the Xilinx Vivado Design Suite, and drag-and-drop ARM Cortex-M3 soft IP on Digilent Arty S7-50T
- Create a simple environmental monitoring application with Arty S7-50T, Pmod HYGRO Digital Humidity and Temperature Sensor and Pmod NAV 9 axis IMU plus barometer