It doesn‘t get much more efficient than this: the compact, highly integrated SiP nRF9160 enables the straightforward implementation of low-power LTE technology and offers advanced processing and security functions for a variety of single-device with low-power designs for the cellular IoT. With the latest release, Nordic‘s already highly efficient system-in-package becomes up to 91 percent more power efficient than comparable modules on the market. The Nordic portfolio is available at http://www.rutronik24.com.
All power-saving functions, such as eDRX and PSM, receive significant improvements with the new generation, without requiring changes to the pin assignment or form factor. The Arm Cortex-M33 application processor is supported by 1 MB of flash and 256 KB of RAM, enabling advanced application development in a single device solution. It also includes a full LTE modem and RF Front End (RFFE).
The integrated modem supports both LTE-M and NB-IoT and can operate globally, eliminating the need for regional variants. Thanks to different connection modes, it is possible to optimize energy consumption individually and according to requirements:
• RRC Connected: The existing permanent network connection and constant data exchange require a higher energy input.
• RRC Idle: Here the unit „sleeps“ shorter intervals to save energy, but is ready on demand. The download latency is shorter than the following mode.
• PSM: The latency of downloads here is significantly longer and the unit is in sleep mode for a longer period.
Comprehensive protection is provided by the included Arm TrustZone, which also offers support in building solid and secure IoT applications. Arm CryptoCell complements the security package, which – optimised for low-power devices – provides even more protection through cryptographic and security resources.
Further key features:
• Integrated GPS transmitter with different operating modes.
• IPv4/Pv6 support, up to TCP and TLS
• SIM and eSIM possible for connection and authentication with mobile network operators
• Secure, encrypted Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) updates
• Wide range of common interfaces and peripherals: 12-bit ADC, RTC, SPI, I²C, I²S, UARTE, PDM and PWM
• Certification for LTE bands B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28 and B66
• Specially developed DevKit to optimize time-to-market
For more information about the SiP Nordic nRF9160 Gen2 and a direct ordering option, please visit : https://www.rutronik24.com/search-result/qs:nrf9160/reset:0