SystemVision Cloud: A New Online Environment for Robotic System Design
This live webinar describes SystemVision® Cloud, a new, free, online design and simulation environment uniquely suited for analyzing and improving robotic systems.
Robotic systems are complex. The interaction of analog and digital electronics, mechanics, sensors, actuators, and control systems can make it difficult to predict if a particular system design will robustly and reliably meet the system requirements.
The SystemVision environment’s model-based design methodology provides a virtual system test bench for evaluating design ideas, analyzing parametric choices, optimizing performance, and jump-starting production.
This webinar will focus on electric motor speed and position control examples, taken from the 2016 First Robotics Competition (FRC).
What You Will Learn
- How to access the new SystemVision environment
- How to model and simulate systems that include motors, motor drives, mechanical loads, position and speed sensors, and feedback control algorithms (such as PID controls)
- How to predict system performance, such as force, speed, response time, stability, and energy consumption
- How to use simulation to detect reliability issues, such as motor overheating
Who Should Attend
- Electrical engineers who want a more productive environment for circuit design, modeling, and simulation
- System, mechanical, and control engineers responsible for robotics and feedback control systems
- Engineering managers who want better collaboration for multi-discipline system design
- FRC students and mentors wanting more advanced tools